Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Eurovision is a live music contest that takes place every year, it sees countries of Europe (and now Australia!) each perform an original song. Then each country votes for their favourite song and the voting is revealed at the end of the night. The final scores are a mixture of jury votes and the public votes.
When i watched the semi finals there was only a few songs that i liked but with hearing them again in the final and listening to the soundtrack i’ve added more favourites to the list. Whilst i didn’t particularly agree with Portugal being crowned with the winning song (Bulgaria was robbed!), i did think this year was one of my fave contests of the past few years. I was also very proud of my countries entry, the song was fantastic and Lucie gave a stunning performance.
My fave songs from this years contest:
Australia – Don’t Come Easy Austria – Running On Air Bulgaria – Beautiful Mess Spain – Do It For Your Lover Greece – This Is Love Israel – I Feel Alive Norway – Grab The Moment Slovenia – On My Way Sweden – I Can’t Go On
Your Face Or Mine This TV show hosted by Jimmy Carr & Katherine Ryan sees a couple earning money by judge their own looks celebrities looks. For example, there is a round where the audience picks out the best male and female members and the couple have to decide where they rank looks wise, in the line ups. It’s funny, it’s entertaining and it’s not to be taken too seriously.
Tomorrow When The War Began
This film had been hanging around in my room unwatched for a long time and i finally decided to see what it was like. It’s about group of Australian teenagers who go on a camping trip, during the trip a war breaks out. They return home to find all their homes empty and go on the run to avoid being captured, working together to try and put a stop to it.
I think that this film was worth watching and i would watch it again, the story was very strong throughout and i felt like we got to know each character well enough.
Lorde – Green Light Lorde has returned with a song as good as her debut Royals. It’s upbeat and catchy, a win win for me.
John Legend – Love Me Now They kept advertising his tour on the TV and this song was used for it. I like the chorus especially with “Love Me Now, Love Me Now, Oh oh Love Me Now” parts. I wouldn’t say i’m a big fan of his but every now and then he releases a song i really like.
Niall Horan – Slow Hands As much as i loved One Direction, i have to admit that i never appreciated just how talented Niall is and i apologise. Out of the all the solo careers from the guys, Niall has actually impressed me the most. This second single from him has really grew on me and along with ‘This Town’ he has released 2 fantastic songs. I now cannot wait to see what the album is like.
New Hope Club – Welcome To The Club EP: Water, Fixed, Perfume & Friend Of A Friend I seen them as the support act at The Vamps tour and they impressed me so much. I love all the songs a lot and have had them on repeat since it was were released. My current favourite is Perfume but believe me all four songs should be heard.
5SOS – Wherever You Are, Story Of Another Us, Out Of My Limit, The Only Reason & Disconnected I was already familiar with all of these songs but i finally got around to downloading them. Why they weren’t featured on their albums is beyond me! I basically recommend that you check out all of their discography if you haven’t already.
There’s so much good music lately that i’m surprised i can keep up……
The Vamps live in concert This was my third year in a row seeing The Vamps on their tour and every year they just get better. The Tide (one of the support acts), didn’t appear due to illness, they’ve supported The Vamps at previous shows and i’ve become a fan of their music so it was a shame not to get to see them. The other support act was New Hope Club who briefly made an appearance at last years show. They really impressed me and i’ve since downloaded their EP Welcome To The Club (Check it out here) which contains 4 fantastic songs. Also on the night they sang a cover of There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back by Shawn Mendes which hit all the right notes.
Yet again The Vamps put on a show and what made the night more special was the fact that they performed unheard songs from their new album ‘Night and Day’ which is out in July. To say it was my first time hearing the songs they fit right in with the rest of the set, so it’s safe to say the album has shaped up well. Getting to hear all of the hits and the newer songs like All Night & Middle of the Night just added to what was an amazing show.
Lea Michele – Places (Album) Lea starred in my fave show Glee and is one of my fave female vocalists, this is the second album from her, after releasing ‘Louder’ a few years back. I’ve listened to this a few times since it came out and i don’t have a bad word to say about it. Lea’s voice never fails to amaze me and the 11 songs on this album showcase that. ‘Hey You’ is about the late Cory Monteith (Lea’s co-star on Glee and boyfriend) and the lyrics are quite emotional, an example being “The final days were the hardest, I didn’t think they would be your last, Hope you know I forgive you, Give anything to get them back”. My fave tracks: Heavy Love, Getaway Car, Hey You, Anything’s Possible & Love Is Alive.
Sign of the Times – Harry Styles Harry’s solo music was highly anticipated and releasing this as a debut single was the perfect idea. It’s quite a lengthy song at nearly 6 minutes but it doesn’t at any point feel tiring. It’s easy to say that this reaching number 1 was a dead cert due to how big Harry is but i believe that it deserved the top spot.
Put the Cuffs On Me – The Tide I wish that more people were aware of the music that they are bringing out. They can all sing and they play their own instruments and for them to be releasing tunes like this early on in their careers is exciting. They have a bright future, they really do.
Symphony – Clean Bandit Feat. Zara Larsson Another top song from Clean Bandit (which isn’t a surprise), this time with vocals from Swedish superstar Zara Larsson. This song had been around a few weeks before i realised just how good it was and not long after went on to top the UK charts.
Never Give Up On You – Lucie Jones This is our entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. It’s a ballad which was written by Emelie de Forest, who won the contest in 2013 representing Denmark with Only Teardrops. I know we have a history for entering songs that aren’t on the same level as most of the other countries (see Jemini with Cry Baby which scored an embarrassing 0 points) but this song is actually pretty good and certainly won’t sound out of place with the other ballads, fingers crossed that this year we have a chance.
Attention – Charlie Puth Apart from featuring on the Little Mix track Oops, Charlie’s music presence has been quiet of recent. Then he releases this and boy have i missed hearing his wonderful voice. What can i say it’s catchy and i hope this means that there is a new album about to be released.
There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back – Shawn Mendes I’m not shy in admitting that Shawn’s last album Illuminate was a bit of a disappointment for me (Treat You Better, Mercy & No Promises were the exceptions) so when he released this i was very happy. This is the type of music that Shawn did on his first album Handwritten and i’m hoping any music after this follows is in the same vein.
Utopia – The Sons Of Pitches This song is really good both music and lyrics and i can’t say i expected anything less as these guys are very talented. This is just as good as what is in the charts these days and is a catchy, catchy song. I am seeing them on tour soon and cannot wait to hear this live and also the rest of the album when it is released.
Middle of the Night – The Vamps Obviously i’m a big fan of The Vamps and i was excited to hear a new song and like all the other songs they’ve released it’s amazing, you cannot fault any songs they bring out – they always get it right. This could possibly overtake Rest Your Love as my fave single and has definitely joined the list as one of my all time faves.
As i have a lot of music favourites, i am going to be doing them in a separate post. So here all the non music related stuff i have been loving in April!
Revlon colorstay crème eyeshadow – shade 740 (Black current) This product caught my eye whilst i was browsing in the store and i just had to pick one up. I went for the purple as it’s a beautiful colour and looks just as nice once applied. It comes with a built in brush which is handy and it stays on all day and doesn’t crease. I definitely think that i’ll be trying some of the other shades.
Papa Johns For a long time i was team Dominos, i literally ate it every week, then it just became too expensive. Dominos may claim in their advertisements that ‘they are the best’ but it’s all smoke and mirrors. Recently i decided to give Papa Johns a try and i personally think they are a lot better. The food is tastier, they have better all round offers so you get your moneys worth and they also give you points for every purchase which gets you free food. I wish that i’d discovered them sooner as i’d missing out all this time.
13 Reasons Why This show is being mentioned here, there and everywhere so i just had to give it a watch and now i’m hooked. It’s about a girl called Hannah Baker who takes her own life and records a set of 7 double-sided cassette tapes, on each side she talks about a different person and explains why they are a reason in her suicide. The people mentioned in the tapes receive a copy of them and must then pass them on to each other. The show sees main character Clay Jensen sent the tapes and each episode focuses on a different person and tells us what they did to get on them. We see flashbacks to Clay’s relationship with Hannah and him finding out why each person is named on the tapes and also why he himself is on there. I’m only 4 episodes in but each episode has left me wondering what is going to happen next, it really is a fantastic show.
Britain’s Got Talent I’m a big fan of talent shows, so i love when Britain’s Got Talent rolls around again. I like that every year we can expect the weird and the wonderful from it and the auditions are just as much fun to watch as the live shows. I like to see all the weird acts that turn up and think they have this amazing talent aunt then of course there is the acts who just shine.
Take Me Out It seemed like ages ago that this was last on so it was a welcome return seeing it back on our screens. It sees a group of single ladies stood behind a podium, a man comes into the studio and if the ladies like what they see then they leave their podium light on but if they don’t then they turn it off. If the man reaches the last round then he must whittle down the ladies until there is 2 remaining and then decide between the 2. The couple then go on holiday together and the following week we see how they got on. I like to see the guys that are on every week as you never know who is going to turn up next and seeing how the couples get on when they go on the holiday.
First Dates This is another dating show but this one is set in a restaurant where 2 people get matched up and have dinner together. There are people of all ages and walks of life and it’s interesting seeing how they get on. After the date they decide wether they want to meet again and at the end of the show they give us an update of what has happened since. So far this series there have been some really cute couples that i’ve just felt so happy seeing them ending up in a relationship. Everyone who goes on the show has a story to tell so there can be some sad moments but i think the show works really well with how they match the couples up.
This favourites post sees February/March combined – double the favourites!
Love Song – Sophia Bennett This book is about a girl called Nina who gets a job working for the hottest band of right now – called The Point. Initially she isn’t impressed by their antics but after spending more time with them, she begins to get to know them more and her opinion changes. I couldn’t put this book down once i started reading it, i’m hoping for a sequel and i also would love to see a film adaption of it. The Art Of Being Normal – Lisa Williamson This book is about 2 boys who each have a secret – David who wants to be a girl and Leo who wants to be invisible. When David ends up getting in a fight with some bullies and Leo stands up for him they form a friendship. However, the secrets end being found out and there are many twists, turns and surprises. I read this book in a number of days as each chapter leaves you wanting to know what is going to happen next.
Generation Next – Oli White Oli is known best for being a popular English YouTuber but like many other YouTubers has ventured into writing. This book is about a guy called Jack who has gone through some stuff in the past but things change when he makes a new group of friends and they create Generation Next a social media website. It becomes a success and offers are flying in left, right and centre. But someone is determined to ruin things for Jack, he has to find a way to stop things from falling apart. I really enjoyed reading this and i’m glad that there is a sequel being released 6th April.
Celebs Go Dating (E4) It follows a group of Celebrities – Joey Essex, Ferne McCann, Jonathan Cheban, Jorgie Porter, Melody Thornton, Perri Kiely & Stephen Bear. They get signed up to a dating agency and get sent on dates with members of the public, at the end of the process the agency hosts a dinner party of which the celebrities bring someone they have met during the process. I really liked the first series and the second was even better, it was really entertaining and there seemed to be a lot more drama.
Let It Shine final (BBC1) I talked about this show in my last favourites and since then the show has come to an end. I was really happy that Five To Five were crowned the winners, they really grew on me over the weeks and by the final i was so behind them. That’s not to say that the other groups didn’t shine, they could all go on to do musicals. I am going to be getting tickets to see The Band show as it sounds like something not to be missed!
Britannia High This is one of those shows where every now and then i just have to watch it again. It aired back in 2008 and sadly there was only one series due to poor ratings. Being a fan of all things music, i really enjoyed the show and it was a shame that it never returned. It has an amazing soundtrack (Wake Up, Weight Of The World, Do It All Over Again & Without You are my faves), great characters and each episode focuses on a different character (Like they do in Skins which also starred Mitch Hewer who plays Danny in this) which works really well. It’s basically an English version of Glee! Fact: Ed Sheeran & Pixie Lott both auditioned for roles in the show.
Chained To The Rhythm – Katy Perry This is just one of those songs that i instantly liked, it’s a great song for Katy to return to the music world with. It was a few weeks back now that this was released but it still remains on the radio. If this is a taste of what’s to come i expect the new album will be just as good.
Bad Things – Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello Rap music alone isn’t normally to my liking but when there’s a collaboration with a rapper and a singer then it really appeals to me and this is no exception. Camila’s vocals along with MGK’S rap just work so well together.
No More Sad Songs – Little Mix I loved this song the moment i heard it on the album and i’m so glad they have released it as a single. My only criticism with the single is them adding Machine Gun Kelly in place of Jesy’s part towards the end of the song. I much prefer the original album version but nonetheless the i hope the song does well as overall it’s a really catchy song.
Love Is Alive – Lea Michele Lea is back with some new music and i love love love it! Lea is one of my favourite singers and i absolutely loved her first album so i’m excited for her second. Her vocals are stunning as always in this song and the lyrics are beautiful. I’m sure her new album will appear in a future favourites post!
Divide (Album) – Ed Sheeran If you haven’t heard this album then where have you been!? Ed’s other 2 albums were good but for me this album overtakes both of them. Every song is literally a chart hit (After the album was released every single one of the songs charted) and it really doesn’t surprise me. Ed shows versatility with Divide – From Eraser to Happier to Galway Girl to Barcelona there is something for everyone. I couldn’t rave anymore about how amazing this album this. My favourites are: Happier, Galway Girl, Castle On The Hill, Nancy Mulligan, New Man & How Would You Feel
Lost Boys Life (EP) – Computer Games & Darren Criss Computer Games is a new band that Glee star Darren Criss has formed with his brother Chuck. This EP consists of 3 songs: We Like It, Every Single Night & Lost Boys Life. All 3 songs should be up there in the charts. Every Single Night and We Like It are two of the catchiest songs and make great summer tunes. Lost Boys Life is a bit more slowed down but is still catchy. I really like that the Glee cast are bringing out their own music and they delighting us with what they are offering.
Movies: Boy Choir (Netflix) Funnily enough this move stars Kevin McHale of Glee! This movie is about a young boy called Stet who lives a troubled life, after the death of his mother he ends up enrolled at a choir school for boys where he discovers his talents and has a chance to turn his life around. This movie also stars prolific actors Dustin Hoffman & Kathy Bates and Garrett Wareing who plays Stet is one to watch in the future. I really enjoyed this movie, i particularly liked seeing the character of Stet grow throughout and the music is really beautiful.
Olly Murs Live I went to see Olly for the first time on his own tour and he certainly put on a show. He engaged with the audience throughout and proved to be a very likeable, funny and down to earth guy all whilst performing his biggest hits and songs from his new album. Up, Unpredictable, Years & Years and Grow Up were my faves and the atmosphere was great. I went with 2 friends from work, one of which is a big Olly fan so seeing how much she was enjoying it added to the night.
Ebay I’ve recently found myself browsing through Ebay and discovering a lot of bargains and whatnot. I collect special coins and have been able to add to my collection. I’ve also bought a couple of TY Beanie Babies (Who remembers them?). There are so many great things to be found on there.
That’s all my favourites for the past two months, do let me know if you have checked any of them out and what you have been loving.
Max Factor smokey eye drama kit – 02 Lavish Onyx
– 03 Sumptuous Gold I purchased the Sumptuous Gold palette a couple of months back and was really impressed with it, so much so that i constantly use it. The colours are highly pigmented and look really beautiful. I recently purchased the Lavish Onyx palette and that is just as good. I didn’t know until i looked on the Max Factor website that each palette is suited to a different eye colour. Weirdly enough Sumptuous Gold is suited my eye colour, brown. The palettes on the Max Factor website
Barry M molten metal nail paint – Copper Mine For christmas i got a set of 3 of the molten metal nail paints and all of them look really nice but copper mine is the one that i keep choosing out of all the nail polishes i own in general. Firstly the colour is stunning and secondly i love the effect that it gives on my nails, it makes them look like they’ve been done a salon. Molten Metal nail paints on Barry M Website Food:
Orange cake from Cooplands bakery I am addicted to this cake! I’m not sure if there are Cooplands all over the UK or if they all sell this cake but if you ever come across it then you have to try it. Believe me you won’t regret it. It is absolute perfection.
Books: Taylor Swift: This Is Our Song I got this book from Tesco in the sale and i’d previously seen it a few weeks back, of which i knew i would eventually buy it. Sale price or full price it is totally worth every penny. It is a book created by fans of Taylor Swift for fans of Taylor Swift (Does that sound confusing?) Basically, because Taylor herself has never released any books about her life, a group of her fans decided to create something and the book is literally jam packed full of stuff. It contains many different articles written about Taylor from different stages of her career, fans talking about why they love her and many other things. I really enjoyed reading this and found out stuff about her that i didn’t know. Taylor Swift:This Is Our Song book on Amazon
Girl Online: Going Solo – Zoe Sugg If you haven’t already read the first two books in this fabulous series then you need to. I’m not going to give anything away with it being the third instalment but i will say that i really enjoy these books and once i start one i can never put it down. This one was probably my fave out of all of them so far (hopefully there will be more to come), there seemed to be many different plot lines from start to finish so i was constantly wondering what was going to happen with this and that. To some Zoe Sugg may just be known as the YouTuber Zoella but these books really show that she has talents in other areas too. Girl Online books on Amazon
One Tree Hill So this may have been in my December favourites but i just had to put it in for this one too! I am nearly done watching series 5 and in total there are 9 series so there is still a long way to go. With it being quite a while back that i originally watched the show, i’m finding myself enjoying it a lot more and there have been quite a few bits that i don’t seem to remember. Re-watching it has made me love the show more than i already did!
Celebrity Big Brother I used to really enjoy CBB when it first started but then as the series went on i found myself getting bored and only then caught bits of it. But i really got quite into this series, the main reason for this was Jedward. I know that with Jedward you either love them or hate them and with me it’s the former, i’ve liked them since their X Factor days. I find them entertaining and funny but there is also this innocence they have which makes them even more likeable. I also think the addition of Kim Woodburn added to the entertainment, during her time in the house she had many arguments which made for great TV.
Let It Shine Saturday night TV isn’t complete without a talent show and this show is a perfect addition. Gary Barlow is doing a stage show named The Band which will feature the music of Take That and he needs to find 5 guys to play ‘The Band’. This show is out to find the 5 guys for the roles. The first few shows were the guys auditioning and then the one who are successful get whittled down and put into groups of five and sing live for viewers who decide which group they want through. But the two groups who get in the bottom can we switched around and a new group can be formed. I think it’s something really fresh and there is a lot of talent on the show that i don’t believe any of the contestants don’t deserve their place. I would most definitely be interested in watching the final product.
One Direction Though i’m always listening to One Direction songs, i found myself playing them a lot more recently. I got all the albums together on my iPod and made a playlist and they make for great car music. One Direction’s music is just a constant thing and i never tire of hearing it. I did a post My fave One Direction songsback in January where you can out what my faves are.
Songs on an old MP3 player I found out an old MP3 player of mine and there were songs that were left on it and also i added all the albums of some of my favourite artists and i’ve really enjoyed listening to songs i’ve not heard in a while. I’ve got Taylor Swift, Adam Lambert, Little Mix and Britannia High to name but a few. The latter was a UK musical TV show that only ran for 1 series due to it not performing as well rating wise had hoped. I only have a positive opinion of the show and every now and then i listen to the songs – they are just really catchy songs and the cast have great voices.
Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You & Castle On The Hill I think i’m right in saying that most people have heard these songs by now! I think that these are 2 of the best songs that he has ever released and i await the release of his new album. Out of the 2 my fave is Castle On The Hill, i get a 1D vibe from it and i really want them to cover it sometime. I really like the video for it too.
Robin Stjernberg – Rain I doubt a lot of people are familiar with this Swedish artist, apart from representing Eurovision back in 2013 he hasn’t really made waves here in the UK. I’m glad that he did Eurovision, Robin is now one of my all time fave male singers and he keeps outdoing himself with the music that he is bringing out. Every time he brings out a new song i fall in love with it and again it’s happened with Rain, this song would not be out of place in the UK charts, in fact it’s something the likes of Zayn or some top DJ would release.
1. I am a Libra 2. I have a sister 3. I have a cat and 2 Guinea Pigs 4. I work in retail 5. I love going to concerts 6. My fave male artists are Adam Lambert, Olly Murs, Nathan Sykes, Shawn Mendes & Charlie Puth 7. My fave female artists are Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Lea Michele & Ariana Grande 8. My fave groups are 5SOS, One Direction, OneRepublic, Little Mix, The Vamps, Union J, Hometown & The Wanted 9. Cry For Help by Hometown & Hotel Ceiling by Rixton are two of my all time favourite songs 10. I was front row at the One Direction On The Road Again tour and Harry Styles threw water on me 11. Glee is my fave TV show in the whole wide world 12. Other TV shows i love are One Tree Hill, Bad Girls, 90210, Gossip Girl, Skins & Smash 13. Naley & Finchel are my OTPs 14. I’ve seen Wicked & Hairspray in the west end 15. I’ve been to Florida in the past and want to go again someday 16. Australia & New York are my dream places to visit 17. I have a fear of Spiders & needles 18. My fave movie genre is a Rom-Com 19. My fave movies are A Cinderella Story, 27 Dresses, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games series & Eddie The Eagle 20. My celeb crushes are Zac Efron, Sam Claflin, Taron Egerton & Dave Franco 21. I go to watch the horse racing at least once a year
22. I love sweetcorn, pizza & bacon
23. I could spend hours watching YouTube, my fave YouTubers are Zoella, Pointlessblog & VelvetGh0st 24. I like to read, preferably a romance or non fiction 25. I prefer Twitter to Facebook 26. I love Seahorses 27. My idol is Lea Michele 28. I’ve met comedian Al Murray, TOWIE stars Joey Essex, Amy Childs & singer/YouTuber Conor Maynard 29. I studied media for a while at college but left after a year as i didn’t enjoy it, though i do enjoy writing hence this blog! 30. I used to have a lovely Jack Russell dog called Tiny and someday i’d like to get another one 31. My fave quotes are “Being a part of something special makes you special.” & “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 32. I can’t ride a bike 33. My fave colours are anything glittery or metallic 34. I’m left handed 35. My fave drinks are Coca Cola, Coffee, Naked smoothies, Slushes & Baskin Robbins shakes 36. I share a birthday with Eminem, Felicity Jones, Max Irons & Scarlett Moffatt 37. My fave lessons at school were English, IT & RE 38. I wear glasses and would like to get laser eye surgery at some point 39. I have a girl crush on the singer Bebe Rexha 40. When i was younger i was a massive fan of Steps, S Club 7, S Club Juniors & Busted and i’ve seen them all in concert 41. I’m more of a saver then a spender 42. My fave albums are Fearless by Taylor Swift, Hometown’s album, 5 Seconds of Summer’s debut album, Take Me Home by One Direction & Word of Mouth by The Wanted 43. I’m not very tall 44. I have a sweet tooth 45. I dislike smoking & rudeness 46. I’m not really a selfie taking person 47. Jason Derulo, Sam Smith & Years and Years have all liked my tweets 48. I like watching documentaries about life in prisons, they make for an interesting watch 49. I love the Eurovision Song Contest 50. I love shopping and finding a bargain
One Direction are one of my all time fave groups and i’m forever listening to their songs. In this blog post i want to share my top 11 (I just couldn’t pick 10!) album tracks and top 5 singles. When they reform in the future, i know that this list could quite possibly change but here are my all time faves as of now.
5. Perfect 4. Night Changes 3. Story Of My Life
2. Best Song Ever
1. Live While We’re Young
11. Spaces 10. What A Feeling 9. Does He Know
8. A.M. 7. Right Now 6. Don’t Forget Where You Belong 5. Rock Me 4. I Would 3. Half A Heart 2. Summer Love 1. Stole My Heart
Let me know in the comments what you think of my faves and tell me yours!
I have come up with a list of 10 things for my New Years resolutions of 2017, some are quite personal to me and others are just things i want to do more.
1. SAVE MONEY I would definitely consider myself to be more of a saver than a spender but last year i didn’t really save as much as i would’ve liked too. I have set myself a goal of how much i’d like to save by the end of the year and i’m already 1 tenth of the way there. I also have money boxes which i’m saving different coins in and even though they take a while to build up it’s still extra money.
2. TAKE STEPS IN MY LOVE LIFE (Even if that’s just going on a date) I’ve spoke about my love life in a previous post but basically i’ve never had a boyfriend or been on dates and all that jazz. I’ve been on dating sites over the years but it’s never amounted to anything which is mostly due to myself. There have been a few guys who i’ve had some great conversations with, some of which i was talking to every day for months. But when they’d bring up going on a date i’d freak out and stop communication. This year i really want to dip my toes in the dating pool but i want it to be with someone i really trust, who lives local and someone i have things in common with.
3. READ MORE BOOKS I like buying books and i do enjoy reading, in fact some books are as good as a TV show or movie but i always seem to spend my time doing other things. This year i want to take more time out to read more and spend less time on the internet or watching TV. I already have a pile of books that i’ve yet to read and by the end of the year and i want to have read them all.
4. BE MORE SOCIABLE I wouldn’t consider myself to be a confident person and i prefer my own company than being with others but this year and i want to try and talk to people a bit more. I want to make more of an effort in conversations and try to get even a little bit of enjoyment from social situations that i don’t normally enjoy.
5. TO HAVE MORE CONCERT EXPERIENCES Going to live music shows is one definition of happiness for me and i just want to continue with the amazing experiences. This year i’m seeing Olly Murs on his own tour for the first time and i’m seeing The Sons Of Pitches again but at a venue i’ve never visited before. I’m also seeing The Vamps & Little Mix again (the Little Mix concert is on my birthday!!) both of which always go above and beyond with their tours. There are so many artists who i really want to see but they only seem to go to places that aren’t near me, so this year i want to go to a different place and see an artist i’ve always wanted to.
6. BE LESS SELF CONSCIOUS I very often say that the mirror is my enemy and i really wish it wasn’t. I’ve been very insecure about my looks since my teens and some days i feel worse than others. Recently i haven’t felt as bad though, my skin has been a lot more clearer (touch wood) and i’ve just felt a lot less insecure. The funny thing is that i rarely ever wear make-up, i’m quite comfortable going out without it so a part of me must feel comfortable in myself. I just want to go about the year no worrying about silly things like how i look, i don’t want it to affect my life.
7. BLOG MORE I really want to post more on here as i really enjoy putting my thoughts out there, i love talking about what interests me and i hope that the people reading this listen to the music and watch the tv shows that i’ve recommended. I really like telling people about the things that i’m enjoying and would like to at least do one post a month.
8. TRAVEL MORE I would like to do more with my free time, like when i have a weeks holiday from work. I love London and haven’t been in a number of years now so i really want to go again, i want to see another west end show and also visit Madame Tussauds (I want to see Zoe & Alfie’s waxworks!)
9. ONLY BUY THINGS I REALLY NEED Even though i’m definitely more of a saver, a lot of my money seems to go on stuff that i don’t necessarily need. For example, there are so many great bargains to be had during sale times and on many occasions i have bought things just because they were cheap when in actual fact they never even got used. Money that is spent on purchases that weren’t well thought out could be spent on something that is needed or evens saved up.
10. TREAT MYSELF MORE So this may be the opposite of the above resolution but it doesn’t mean that i want to go on spending sprees all the time! There are many times when i don’t buy an item that i really do need because i don’t want to spend money on it but this year i want to try and treat myself to the odd thing every now and then. I wear glasses so i’d really like to get some different ones and there are things i’d like to get for my bedroom too. I believe that everyone should treat themselves every once in a while.