1. I am a Libra 2. I have a sister 3. I have a cat and 2 Guinea Pigs 4. I work in retail 5. I love going to concerts 6. My fave male artists are Adam Lambert, Olly Murs, Nathan Sykes, Shawn Mendes & Charlie Puth 7. My fave female artists are Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Lea Michele & Ariana Grande 8. My fave groups are 5SOS, One Direction, OneRepublic, Little Mix, The Vamps, Union J, Hometown & The Wanted 9. Cry For Help by Hometown & Hotel Ceiling by Rixton are two of my all time favourite songs 10. I was front row at the One Direction On The Road Again tour and Harry Styles threw water on me 11. Glee is my fave TV show in the whole wide world 12. Other TV shows i love are One Tree Hill, Bad Girls, 90210, Gossip Girl, Skins & Smash 13. Naley & Finchel are my OTPs 14. I’ve seen Wicked & Hairspray in the west end 15. I’ve been to Florida in the past and want to go again someday 16. Australia & New York are my dream places to visit 17. I have a fear of Spiders & needles 18. My fave movie genre is a Rom-Com 19. My fave movies are A Cinderella Story, 27 Dresses, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games series & Eddie The Eagle 20. My celeb crushes are Zac Efron, Sam Claflin, Taron Egerton & Dave Franco 21. I go to watch the horse racing at least once a year
22. I love sweetcorn, pizza & bacon
23. I could spend hours watching YouTube, my fave YouTubers are Zoella, Pointlessblog & VelvetGh0st 24. I like to read, preferably a romance or non fiction 25. I prefer Twitter to Facebook 26. I love Seahorses 27. My idol is Lea Michele 28. I’ve met comedian Al Murray, TOWIE stars Joey Essex, Amy Childs & singer/YouTuber Conor Maynard 29. I studied media for a while at college but left after a year as i didn’t enjoy it, though i do enjoy writing hence this blog! 30. I used to have a lovely Jack Russell dog called Tiny and someday i’d like to get another one 31. My fave quotes are “Being a part of something special makes you special.” & “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 32. I can’t ride a bike 33. My fave colours are anything glittery or metallic 34. I’m left handed 35. My fave drinks are Coca Cola, Coffee, Naked smoothies, Slushes & Baskin Robbins shakes 36. I share a birthday with Eminem, Felicity Jones, Max Irons & Scarlett Moffatt 37. My fave lessons at school were English, IT & RE 38. I wear glasses and would like to get laser eye surgery at some point 39. I have a girl crush on the singer Bebe Rexha 40. When i was younger i was a massive fan of Steps, S Club 7, S Club Juniors & Busted and i’ve seen them all in concert 41. I’m more of a saver then a spender 42. My fave albums are Fearless by Taylor Swift, Hometown’s album, 5 Seconds of Summer’s debut album, Take Me Home by One Direction & Word of Mouth by The Wanted 43. I’m not very tall 44. I have a sweet tooth 45. I dislike smoking & rudeness 46. I’m not really a selfie taking person 47. Jason Derulo, Sam Smith & Years and Years have all liked my tweets 48. I like watching documentaries about life in prisons, they make for an interesting watch 49. I love the Eurovision Song Contest 50. I love shopping and finding a bargain
One Direction are one of my all time fave groups and i’m forever listening to their songs. In this blog post i want to share my top 11 (I just couldn’t pick 10!) album tracks and top 5 singles. When they reform in the future, i know that this list could quite possibly change but here are my all time faves as of now.
5. Perfect 4. Night Changes 3. Story Of My Life
2. Best Song Ever
1. Live While We’re Young
11. Spaces 10. What A Feeling 9. Does He Know
8. A.M. 7. Right Now 6. Don’t Forget Where You Belong 5. Rock Me 4. I Would 3. Half A Heart 2. Summer Love 1. Stole My Heart
Let me know in the comments what you think of my faves and tell me yours!
I have come up with a list of 10 things for my New Years resolutions of 2017, some are quite personal to me and others are just things i want to do more.
1. SAVE MONEY I would definitely consider myself to be more of a saver than a spender but last year i didn’t really save as much as i would’ve liked too. I have set myself a goal of how much i’d like to save by the end of the year and i’m already 1 tenth of the way there. I also have money boxes which i’m saving different coins in and even though they take a while to build up it’s still extra money.
2. TAKE STEPS IN MY LOVE LIFE (Even if that’s just going on a date) I’ve spoke about my love life in a previous post but basically i’ve never had a boyfriend or been on dates and all that jazz. I’ve been on dating sites over the years but it’s never amounted to anything which is mostly due to myself. There have been a few guys who i’ve had some great conversations with, some of which i was talking to every day for months. But when they’d bring up going on a date i’d freak out and stop communication. This year i really want to dip my toes in the dating pool but i want it to be with someone i really trust, who lives local and someone i have things in common with.
3. READ MORE BOOKS I like buying books and i do enjoy reading, in fact some books are as good as a TV show or movie but i always seem to spend my time doing other things. This year i want to take more time out to read more and spend less time on the internet or watching TV. I already have a pile of books that i’ve yet to read and by the end of the year and i want to have read them all.
4. BE MORE SOCIABLE I wouldn’t consider myself to be a confident person and i prefer my own company than being with others but this year and i want to try and talk to people a bit more. I want to make more of an effort in conversations and try to get even a little bit of enjoyment from social situations that i don’t normally enjoy.
5. TO HAVE MORE CONCERT EXPERIENCES Going to live music shows is one definition of happiness for me and i just want to continue with the amazing experiences. This year i’m seeing Olly Murs on his own tour for the first time and i’m seeing The Sons Of Pitches again but at a venue i’ve never visited before. I’m also seeing The Vamps & Little Mix again (the Little Mix concert is on my birthday!!) both of which always go above and beyond with their tours. There are so many artists who i really want to see but they only seem to go to places that aren’t near me, so this year i want to go to a different place and see an artist i’ve always wanted to.
6. BE LESS SELF CONSCIOUS I very often say that the mirror is my enemy and i really wish it wasn’t. I’ve been very insecure about my looks since my teens and some days i feel worse than others. Recently i haven’t felt as bad though, my skin has been a lot more clearer (touch wood) and i’ve just felt a lot less insecure. The funny thing is that i rarely ever wear make-up, i’m quite comfortable going out without it so a part of me must feel comfortable in myself. I just want to go about the year no worrying about silly things like how i look, i don’t want it to affect my life.
7. BLOG MORE I really want to post more on here as i really enjoy putting my thoughts out there, i love talking about what interests me and i hope that the people reading this listen to the music and watch the tv shows that i’ve recommended. I really like telling people about the things that i’m enjoying and would like to at least do one post a month.
8. TRAVEL MORE I would like to do more with my free time, like when i have a weeks holiday from work. I love London and haven’t been in a number of years now so i really want to go again, i want to see another west end show and also visit Madame Tussauds (I want to see Zoe & Alfie’s waxworks!)
9. ONLY BUY THINGS I REALLY NEED Even though i’m definitely more of a saver, a lot of my money seems to go on stuff that i don’t necessarily need. For example, there are so many great bargains to be had during sale times and on many occasions i have bought things just because they were cheap when in actual fact they never even got used. Money that is spent on purchases that weren’t well thought out could be spent on something that is needed or evens saved up.
10. TREAT MYSELF MORE So this may be the opposite of the above resolution but it doesn’t mean that i want to go on spending sprees all the time! There are many times when i don’t buy an item that i really do need because i don’t want to spend money on it but this year i want to try and treat myself to the odd thing every now and then. I wear glasses so i’d really like to get some different ones and there are things i’d like to get for my bedroom too. I believe that everyone should treat themselves every once in a while.
Here are my favourites for the month of December (And i’m still loving most of them now!) I apologize if this post is long!
Survey Websites:- With taking surveys patience is the key, some surveys can be short and only take 5 minutes whilst others can be much longer and take over 30 minutes. Sometimes you might answer a bunch of questions to then be told that you haven’t qualified, which can be annoying. But there are many surveys out there and they can also be a great way to give your opinion on something that really matters.
Mintvine – You get directed to as many surveys as possible, giving you the opportunity to earn many points and you can choose from a range of reward options. You have to wait for the surveys to close before you can get your points and then it usually takes about a week for your reward to arrive.
MySurvey– I’ve been signed up to this site a few years now and it’s a great site. Sometimes there is no surveys available for a while and other times there are loads. Points are added to your account straight after completion and there are many different vouchers available and they usually take over a week to arrive.
YouTube:- December was a great month YouTube wise due to it being VLOGMAS!! There were many YouTube videos available daily in my subscription box and i managed to catch up with them all – i loved having so many videos to watch! My faves were:
Zoella (Main Channel) & Zoella (Vlog Channel)– I always enjoy Zoe’s vlogmas stuff. She uploads two videos a day during vlogmas which must require a lot of work and you can tell that she put so much effort into every video. I love that Zoe always uploads lengthy vlogs and she gets up to so much and to that the main channel videos which contained a variety of stuff.
PointlessBlogVlogs– Alfie always gets up crazy stuff in his vlogs and they are just really fun to watch and whilst his and Zoe’s vlogs can be quite similar when they are doing the same things, there is a lot of stuff from his perspective what is unique to his vlogs.
tewsimple– If you’ve not heard of Paula’s channel then you should totally check it out. She vlogged every day during vlogmas and each one was entertaining to watch. I feel i can relate to some of the things she talks about and it’s great to hear her music recommendations being a big music fan myself.
Romeo & Juliet– At School we studied the play and we watched the version with Leonardo DiCaprio which i really enjoyed and i finally got around to watching the 2013 adaption. It featured a great cast (Hailee Steinfeld as Juliet & Douglas Booth as Romeo to name but a few) and i thought it was just as good as the other version.
Nerve – It’s about a game called Nerve where you complete challenges, most of which are quite dangerous and for each challenge that gets completed you get money and move up the leaderboard of which there can only be one winner. Emma Roberts stars as Vee, who decides to play Nerve after her best friend basically tells her she doesn’t take any risks. She then gets paired up with Ian played by Dave Franco and along with working together they also find love. This was one of the best movies i’d seen in awhile, it’s gripping from start to finish and the chemistry between Roberts & Franco seemed really real.
Christmas Movies – There is this movie channel on Sky called Christmas24 (Movies24 when it’s not Christmas) and they show all these American made for TV movies and whilst they all have the same predictable endings i find them fun to watch. Some of my favourites are Christmas In Boston, Guess Who’s Coming to Christmas & Christmas Magic.
The X Factor– Whilst i’ll be quite honest in saying that i didn’t enjoy this series as much as previous ones, i was really happy with Matt Terry being crowned the winner as he was my favourite from his first audition. He was the rightful winner in my opinion and made for a nice end to the series.
Good Morning Call– I discovered this show on Netflix and it makes for addictive viewing! It is a Japanese romance show about a girl called Nao who rents out this apartment only to find that it’s been double booked and she ends up sharing with Uehara one of the most lusted after guys in school. There is only one series currently but they are making another and i still have 2 episodes left to watch (I’m saving them as i don’t want it to finish!) but it’s just such an addictive show. There isn’t any characters who i dislike they all bring something to the story and each episode brings something new.
One Tree Hill – For Christmas i got the complete series boxset and i was so happy as it’s one of my all time fave TV shows. I only started watching it again just over a week ago and i’m already on series 2. I’ve not watched the show in a long time so my mind was a little hazy with some of the episodes and storylines but i think i love it even more than when i watched it previous! For those who aren’t familiar with it, it’s about two brothers Lucas & Nathan Scott who live totally different lives and despise each other. They have the same father Dan Scott who has always been in Nathan’s life but doesn’t want anything to do with Lucas, add to that relationships with with girls and much more drama. Without giving too much away, i really love the romantic pairing of Nathan & Haley, the way their love grows throughout each episode is really nice to see and they are one of my all time fave TV couples.
Music:- There has been a lot of great music recently and most of the stuff i liked in December was rolled over from November and i’ll still be listening to it in 2017.
What You Give – The Tide– If you’ve seen The Vamps on their tour then the chances are you have seen The Tide live too. They have released a lot of awesome songs and What You Give is my fave of theirs at the moment. It’s so catchy that it’ll have you singing along and i also think it sounds a lot like an old school 1D song. Check out all of Click My Fingers EP!
The Space Between A Rock And A Hard Place – 5 Seconds Of Summer– 5SOS recently released a lot of B side tracks and whatnot (Check them all out, they don’t disappoint!) and after hearing this it became my all time fave song of theirs. It is 3 minutes and 23 seconds of perfection, it shouldn’t have been hidden away and they should’ve released it as a single. Please listen to this and enjoy it as much as i do!
Rhythm Inside – Calum Scott– The chances of you having heard his first single (A slowed down cover of Robyn’s Dancing On My Own) are very high and this follow up single is just as amazing. It’s a slow-upbeat, calming song that’s especially great to listen to at night or during a nice relaxing bath. When i first heard it playing i did think it was Charlie Puth so this may be to your liking if you are a fan of his.
Just Hold On – Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki – This song is a great debut from the 1D member and it has grown on me a lot since the first listen. It’s a dance style song with a very catchy chorus and it’s not hard to see why it’s done so well in the charts.
When Christmas Comes Around – Matt Terry – It made a nice change, that they chose an original song written by Ed Sheeran, as the 2016 X Factor winners single. Though it’s about Christmas it doesn’t sound like a typical Christmas song, so it may be ok to still listen to it now that Christmas is over. It suits Matt’s voice perfectly and i would say it’s probably my fave winners single.
Dnce – DNCE – Firstly, if you’ve not heard Cake By The Ocean then where have you been? I was a Jonas Brothers fan back in the day and then Joe came out with his new band DNCE. I loved CBTO straightaway and couldn’t stop listening to it and then i also loved Toothbrush so getting the album was a no brainer. It’s full of catchy, dancy songs – basically a perfect pop album that you need to add to your collection. My fave tracks: Cake By The Ocean, Toothbrush, Body Moves, Doctor You & Faithfully.
Night Driver – Busted – I was a massive Busted fan back in the day but when they reformed i didn’t feel much excitement, then i gave this album a listen! I was very surprised to see them go in such a different direction with their music but also very impressed. Give this a listen, it may just surprise you. My fave tracks: Night Driver, On What You’re On, Thinking Of You & Without It.
Oh My My – OneRepublic– OneRepublic never let me down when they release an album and this is my fave album that they have ever released. I feel in love with the song Kids and that made me curious about the rest of the album. The deluxe edition contains 20 songs, so you get so much great new music from them for your money. Ryan Tedder has one of my all time fave voices and i would love to see them live someday. My fave tracks: Kids, Let’s Hurt Tonight, Choke, Heaven & Wherever I Go
24 HRS – Olly Murs– First off, i’m seeing Olly Murs live on his own tour this year and i couldn’t have picked a better album to hear live. This is the best album he has ever done and the songs that he picked to released as singles were really good decisions. My fave tracks: Unpredictable, You Don’t Know Love, Years & Years & Better Without You.
Glory Days – Little Mix– Little Mix are my fave girl group in the whole wide world and the best female live act that i’ve ever seen. They owned 2016 with Shoutout To My Ex and then the rest of the album came out and it just proves why they are the best girl group. The vocals are perfect and they bring the girl power back with their songs. My fave tracks: F.U., Oops, Your Love, No More Sad Songs & Shoutout To My Ex.
Unfinished Business – Nathan Sykes – Nathan’s solo stuff is quite different from what he did when he was in The Wanted and he really has found his style. I was impressed with everyone of his singles so the album was a must have. It really shows off his voice, the ballads especially are stunning. I feel that he’s quite underrated as a solo artist and deserves way more attention.
My fave tracks: Over & Over Again, Good Things Come To Those Who Wait, I Can’t Be Mad, Tears In The Rain & There’s Only One Of You.