1. I am a Libra 2. I have a sister 3. I have a cat and 2 Guinea Pigs 4. I work in retail 5. I love going to concerts 6. My fave male artists are Adam Lambert, Olly Murs, Nathan Sykes, Shawn Mendes & Charlie Puth 7. My fave female artists are Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Lea Michele & Ariana Grande 8. My fave groups are 5SOS, One Direction, OneRepublic, Little Mix, The Vamps, Union J, Hometown & The Wanted 9. Cry For Help by Hometown & Hotel Ceiling by Rixton are two of my all time favourite songs 10. I was front row at the One Direction On The Road Again tour and Harry Styles threw water on me 11. Glee is my fave TV show in the whole wide world 12. Other TV shows i love are One Tree Hill, Bad Girls, 90210, Gossip Girl, Skins & Smash 13. Naley & Finchel are my OTPs 14. I’ve seen Wicked & Hairspray in the west end 15. I’ve been to Florida in the past and want to go again someday 16. Australia & New York are my dream places to visit 17. I have a fear of Spiders & needles 18. My fave movie genre is a Rom-Com 19. My fave movies are A Cinderella Story, 27 Dresses, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games series & Eddie The Eagle 20. My celeb crushes are Zac Efron, Sam Claflin, Taron Egerton & Dave Franco 21. I go to watch the horse racing at least once a year
22. I love sweetcorn, pizza & bacon
23. I could spend hours watching YouTube, my fave YouTubers are Zoella, Pointlessblog & VelvetGh0st 24. I like to read, preferably a romance or non fiction 25. I prefer Twitter to Facebook 26. I love Seahorses 27. My idol is Lea Michele 28. I’ve met comedian Al Murray, TOWIE stars Joey Essex, Amy Childs & singer/YouTuber Conor Maynard 29. I studied media for a while at college but left after a year as i didn’t enjoy it, though i do enjoy writing hence this blog! 30. I used to have a lovely Jack Russell dog called Tiny and someday i’d like to get another one 31. My fave quotes are “Being a part of something special makes you special.” & “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 32. I can’t ride a bike 33. My fave colours are anything glittery or metallic 34. I’m left handed 35. My fave drinks are Coca Cola, Coffee, Naked smoothies, Slushes & Baskin Robbins shakes 36. I share a birthday with Eminem, Felicity Jones, Max Irons & Scarlett Moffatt 37. My fave lessons at school were English, IT & RE 38. I wear glasses and would like to get laser eye surgery at some point 39. I have a girl crush on the singer Bebe Rexha 40. When i was younger i was a massive fan of Steps, S Club 7, S Club Juniors & Busted and i’ve seen them all in concert 41. I’m more of a saver then a spender 42. My fave albums are Fearless by Taylor Swift, Hometown’s album, 5 Seconds of Summer’s debut album, Take Me Home by One Direction & Word of Mouth by The Wanted 43. I’m not very tall 44. I have a sweet tooth 45. I dislike smoking & rudeness 46. I’m not really a selfie taking person 47. Jason Derulo, Sam Smith & Years and Years have all liked my tweets 48. I like watching documentaries about life in prisons, they make for an interesting watch 49. I love the Eurovision Song Contest 50. I love shopping and finding a bargain
One Direction are one of my all time fave groups and i’m forever listening to their songs. In this blog post i want to share my top 11 (I just couldn’t pick 10!) album tracks and top 5 singles. When they reform in the future, i know that this list could quite possibly change but here are my all time faves as of now.
5. Perfect 4. Night Changes 3. Story Of My Life
2. Best Song Ever
1. Live While We’re Young
11. Spaces 10. What A Feeling 9. Does He Know
8. A.M. 7. Right Now 6. Don’t Forget Where You Belong 5. Rock Me 4. I Would 3. Half A Heart 2. Summer Love 1. Stole My Heart
Let me know in the comments what you think of my faves and tell me yours!
I have come up with a list of 10 things for my New Years resolutions of 2017, some are quite personal to me and others are just things i want to do more.
1. SAVE MONEY I would definitely consider myself to be more of a saver than a spender but last year i didn’t really save as much as i would’ve liked too. I have set myself a goal of how much i’d like to save by the end of the year and i’m already 1 tenth of the way there. I also have money boxes which i’m saving different coins in and even though they take a while to build up it’s still extra money.
2. TAKE STEPS IN MY LOVE LIFE (Even if that’s just going on a date) I’ve spoke about my love life in a previous post but basically i’ve never had a boyfriend or been on dates and all that jazz. I’ve been on dating sites over the years but it’s never amounted to anything which is mostly due to myself. There have been a few guys who i’ve had some great conversations with, some of which i was talking to every day for months. But when they’d bring up going on a date i’d freak out and stop communication. This year i really want to dip my toes in the dating pool but i want it to be with someone i really trust, who lives local and someone i have things in common with.
3. READ MORE BOOKS I like buying books and i do enjoy reading, in fact some books are as good as a TV show or movie but i always seem to spend my time doing other things. This year i want to take more time out to read more and spend less time on the internet or watching TV. I already have a pile of books that i’ve yet to read and by the end of the year and i want to have read them all.
4. BE MORE SOCIABLE I wouldn’t consider myself to be a confident person and i prefer my own company than being with others but this year and i want to try and talk to people a bit more. I want to make more of an effort in conversations and try to get even a little bit of enjoyment from social situations that i don’t normally enjoy.
5. TO HAVE MORE CONCERT EXPERIENCES Going to live music shows is one definition of happiness for me and i just want to continue with the amazing experiences. This year i’m seeing Olly Murs on his own tour for the first time and i’m seeing The Sons Of Pitches again but at a venue i’ve never visited before. I’m also seeing The Vamps & Little Mix again (the Little Mix concert is on my birthday!!) both of which always go above and beyond with their tours. There are so many artists who i really want to see but they only seem to go to places that aren’t near me, so this year i want to go to a different place and see an artist i’ve always wanted to.
6. BE LESS SELF CONSCIOUS I very often say that the mirror is my enemy and i really wish it wasn’t. I’ve been very insecure about my looks since my teens and some days i feel worse than others. Recently i haven’t felt as bad though, my skin has been a lot more clearer (touch wood) and i’ve just felt a lot less insecure. The funny thing is that i rarely ever wear make-up, i’m quite comfortable going out without it so a part of me must feel comfortable in myself. I just want to go about the year no worrying about silly things like how i look, i don’t want it to affect my life.
7. BLOG MORE I really want to post more on here as i really enjoy putting my thoughts out there, i love talking about what interests me and i hope that the people reading this listen to the music and watch the tv shows that i’ve recommended. I really like telling people about the things that i’m enjoying and would like to at least do one post a month.
8. TRAVEL MORE I would like to do more with my free time, like when i have a weeks holiday from work. I love London and haven’t been in a number of years now so i really want to go again, i want to see another west end show and also visit Madame Tussauds (I want to see Zoe & Alfie’s waxworks!)
9. ONLY BUY THINGS I REALLY NEED Even though i’m definitely more of a saver, a lot of my money seems to go on stuff that i don’t necessarily need. For example, there are so many great bargains to be had during sale times and on many occasions i have bought things just because they were cheap when in actual fact they never even got used. Money that is spent on purchases that weren’t well thought out could be spent on something that is needed or evens saved up.
10. TREAT MYSELF MORE So this may be the opposite of the above resolution but it doesn’t mean that i want to go on spending sprees all the time! There are many times when i don’t buy an item that i really do need because i don’t want to spend money on it but this year i want to try and treat myself to the odd thing every now and then. I wear glasses so i’d really like to get some different ones and there are things i’d like to get for my bedroom too. I believe that everyone should treat themselves every once in a while.
Here are my favourites for the month of December (And i’m still loving most of them now!) I apologize if this post is long!
Survey Websites:- With taking surveys patience is the key, some surveys can be short and only take 5 minutes whilst others can be much longer and take over 30 minutes. Sometimes you might answer a bunch of questions to then be told that you haven’t qualified, which can be annoying. But there are many surveys out there and they can also be a great way to give your opinion on something that really matters.
Mintvine – You get directed to as many surveys as possible, giving you the opportunity to earn many points and you can choose from a range of reward options. You have to wait for the surveys to close before you can get your points and then it usually takes about a week for your reward to arrive.
MySurvey– I’ve been signed up to this site a few years now and it’s a great site. Sometimes there is no surveys available for a while and other times there are loads. Points are added to your account straight after completion and there are many different vouchers available and they usually take over a week to arrive.
YouTube:- December was a great month YouTube wise due to it being VLOGMAS!! There were many YouTube videos available daily in my subscription box and i managed to catch up with them all – i loved having so many videos to watch! My faves were:
Zoella (Main Channel) & Zoella (Vlog Channel)– I always enjoy Zoe’s vlogmas stuff. She uploads two videos a day during vlogmas which must require a lot of work and you can tell that she put so much effort into every video. I love that Zoe always uploads lengthy vlogs and she gets up to so much and to that the main channel videos which contained a variety of stuff.
PointlessBlogVlogs– Alfie always gets up crazy stuff in his vlogs and they are just really fun to watch and whilst his and Zoe’s vlogs can be quite similar when they are doing the same things, there is a lot of stuff from his perspective what is unique to his vlogs.
tewsimple– If you’ve not heard of Paula’s channel then you should totally check it out. She vlogged every day during vlogmas and each one was entertaining to watch. I feel i can relate to some of the things she talks about and it’s great to hear her music recommendations being a big music fan myself.
Romeo & Juliet– At School we studied the play and we watched the version with Leonardo DiCaprio which i really enjoyed and i finally got around to watching the 2013 adaption. It featured a great cast (Hailee Steinfeld as Juliet & Douglas Booth as Romeo to name but a few) and i thought it was just as good as the other version.
Nerve – It’s about a game called Nerve where you complete challenges, most of which are quite dangerous and for each challenge that gets completed you get money and move up the leaderboard of which there can only be one winner. Emma Roberts stars as Vee, who decides to play Nerve after her best friend basically tells her she doesn’t take any risks. She then gets paired up with Ian played by Dave Franco and along with working together they also find love. This was one of the best movies i’d seen in awhile, it’s gripping from start to finish and the chemistry between Roberts & Franco seemed really real.
Christmas Movies – There is this movie channel on Sky called Christmas24 (Movies24 when it’s not Christmas) and they show all these American made for TV movies and whilst they all have the same predictable endings i find them fun to watch. Some of my favourites are Christmas In Boston, Guess Who’s Coming to Christmas & Christmas Magic.
The X Factor– Whilst i’ll be quite honest in saying that i didn’t enjoy this series as much as previous ones, i was really happy with Matt Terry being crowned the winner as he was my favourite from his first audition. He was the rightful winner in my opinion and made for a nice end to the series.
Good Morning Call– I discovered this show on Netflix and it makes for addictive viewing! It is a Japanese romance show about a girl called Nao who rents out this apartment only to find that it’s been double booked and she ends up sharing with Uehara one of the most lusted after guys in school. There is only one series currently but they are making another and i still have 2 episodes left to watch (I’m saving them as i don’t want it to finish!) but it’s just such an addictive show. There isn’t any characters who i dislike they all bring something to the story and each episode brings something new.
One Tree Hill – For Christmas i got the complete series boxset and i was so happy as it’s one of my all time fave TV shows. I only started watching it again just over a week ago and i’m already on series 2. I’ve not watched the show in a long time so my mind was a little hazy with some of the episodes and storylines but i think i love it even more than when i watched it previous! For those who aren’t familiar with it, it’s about two brothers Lucas & Nathan Scott who live totally different lives and despise each other. They have the same father Dan Scott who has always been in Nathan’s life but doesn’t want anything to do with Lucas, add to that relationships with with girls and much more drama. Without giving too much away, i really love the romantic pairing of Nathan & Haley, the way their love grows throughout each episode is really nice to see and they are one of my all time fave TV couples.
Music:- There has been a lot of great music recently and most of the stuff i liked in December was rolled over from November and i’ll still be listening to it in 2017.
What You Give – The Tide– If you’ve seen The Vamps on their tour then the chances are you have seen The Tide live too. They have released a lot of awesome songs and What You Give is my fave of theirs at the moment. It’s so catchy that it’ll have you singing along and i also think it sounds a lot like an old school 1D song. Check out all of Click My Fingers EP!
The Space Between A Rock And A Hard Place – 5 Seconds Of Summer– 5SOS recently released a lot of B side tracks and whatnot (Check them all out, they don’t disappoint!) and after hearing this it became my all time fave song of theirs. It is 3 minutes and 23 seconds of perfection, it shouldn’t have been hidden away and they should’ve released it as a single. Please listen to this and enjoy it as much as i do!
Rhythm Inside – Calum Scott– The chances of you having heard his first single (A slowed down cover of Robyn’s Dancing On My Own) are very high and this follow up single is just as amazing. It’s a slow-upbeat, calming song that’s especially great to listen to at night or during a nice relaxing bath. When i first heard it playing i did think it was Charlie Puth so this may be to your liking if you are a fan of his.
Just Hold On – Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki – This song is a great debut from the 1D member and it has grown on me a lot since the first listen. It’s a dance style song with a very catchy chorus and it’s not hard to see why it’s done so well in the charts.
When Christmas Comes Around – Matt Terry – It made a nice change, that they chose an original song written by Ed Sheeran, as the 2016 X Factor winners single. Though it’s about Christmas it doesn’t sound like a typical Christmas song, so it may be ok to still listen to it now that Christmas is over. It suits Matt’s voice perfectly and i would say it’s probably my fave winners single.
Dnce – DNCE – Firstly, if you’ve not heard Cake By The Ocean then where have you been? I was a Jonas Brothers fan back in the day and then Joe came out with his new band DNCE. I loved CBTO straightaway and couldn’t stop listening to it and then i also loved Toothbrush so getting the album was a no brainer. It’s full of catchy, dancy songs – basically a perfect pop album that you need to add to your collection. My fave tracks: Cake By The Ocean, Toothbrush, Body Moves, Doctor You & Faithfully.
Night Driver – Busted – I was a massive Busted fan back in the day but when they reformed i didn’t feel much excitement, then i gave this album a listen! I was very surprised to see them go in such a different direction with their music but also very impressed. Give this a listen, it may just surprise you. My fave tracks: Night Driver, On What You’re On, Thinking Of You & Without It.
Oh My My – OneRepublic– OneRepublic never let me down when they release an album and this is my fave album that they have ever released. I feel in love with the song Kids and that made me curious about the rest of the album. The deluxe edition contains 20 songs, so you get so much great new music from them for your money. Ryan Tedder has one of my all time fave voices and i would love to see them live someday. My fave tracks: Kids, Let’s Hurt Tonight, Choke, Heaven & Wherever I Go
24 HRS – Olly Murs– First off, i’m seeing Olly Murs live on his own tour this year and i couldn’t have picked a better album to hear live. This is the best album he has ever done and the songs that he picked to released as singles were really good decisions. My fave tracks: Unpredictable, You Don’t Know Love, Years & Years & Better Without You.
Glory Days – Little Mix– Little Mix are my fave girl group in the whole wide world and the best female live act that i’ve ever seen. They owned 2016 with Shoutout To My Ex and then the rest of the album came out and it just proves why they are the best girl group. The vocals are perfect and they bring the girl power back with their songs. My fave tracks: F.U., Oops, Your Love, No More Sad Songs & Shoutout To My Ex.
Unfinished Business – Nathan Sykes – Nathan’s solo stuff is quite different from what he did when he was in The Wanted and he really has found his style. I was impressed with everyone of his singles so the album was a must have. It really shows off his voice, the ballads especially are stunning. I feel that he’s quite underrated as a solo artist and deserves way more attention.
My fave tracks: Over & Over Again, Good Things Come To Those Who Wait, I Can’t Be Mad, Tears In The Rain & There’s Only One Of You.
Seeing Little Mix, 5 Seconds Of Summer & The Vamps It was pretty exciting attending all the shows so close to each other and I had a blast at them all. Little Mix certainly know how to put on a show. They sounded just as I expected and dazzled in each outfit they wore (There were a few!). I also applaud them on the fact that many of their songs are accompanied by energetic dance routines yet their voices were perfect all the way through. I loved getting to hear my faves – Secret Love Song which was absolutely stunning and Black Magic which got everyone up on their feet and singing along. Nathan Sykes and Joey Devries were great choices as the support acts although I knew Nathan would be fantastic as i’ve loved him since The Wanted.
5 Seconds Of Summer sent the crowd crazy and that was no surprise at all. Just being in the presence of one of one the biggest groups of today was good enough but getting to see them live on their own tour was a dream. It’s hard to believe that I once saw them as a support act to One Direction at that same arena and now fans were there for them. They sang a mixture of old and new songs – Catch Fire, Heartache On The Big Screen & Jet Black Heart being my faves. Also the support act Jessarae is one to watch, every song was likeable so I hope he releases some songs soon.
The Vamps concert was a complete bargain as i managed to get the £9.50 tickets. Also the programme for the show was only £10 (The other shows were charging £15) and i got a t-shirt for £10! It was without a doubt value for money and out of the three shows it was my fave. The support acts Hometown, Conor Maynard & The Tide made for a nice addition to the show and it was a pleasure to see them all perform. The Vamps themselves put on a top show and you could tell how hard they had worked on it. They also had New Hope Club (A group they’ve signed, along with The Tide) come on singing Cecilia. I loved hearing Written Off though i wish they’d sang the whole song and also hearing Rest Your Love.
The Hometown album In my previous post i mentioned how much i was loving Hometown right now and i still cannot stop listening to their album. I was as excited about seeing Hometown at The Vamps concert as i was seeing The Vamps themselves and hope they do their own show in the UK someday. The album itself is amazing from start to finish, you literally cannot fault it. My fave songs are Cry For Help, I Wrote This For You, Roses and For Your Love. If you are a fan of artists like Union J, The Wanted, One Direction and older groups like Westlife (basically a boyband fan like myself) then you will absolutely love this. I give it a 10/10
The Duff – Kody Keplinger (Book) After seeing the film i decided to buy the book and i finally got around to reading it the other week. Though i really enjoyed the film i was very surprised by how different it was to the book itself. The film centres more around Bianca finding out and then wanting to rid her image as The Duff (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) whereas the book touches lightly on The Duff subject but it isn’t a big part of the story. Also there is no Madison (Bella Thorne’s character) in the book and Bianca detests Wesley way more than she does in the movie. Those being just a few of the differences to the movie. I’m now intrigued as to what the movie would have been like if it had followed the book more closely but all in all i couldn’t fault both ‘versions’.
Eddie The Eagle (Movie) The Eddie The Eagle movie was such a feel good film from start to finish and there were laughs a plenty throughout. Though i knew little about the real life Eddie, that didn’t matter as the story was a mixture of half biographical and half fiction. Taron Egerton did a superb job as Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards and Hugh Jackman made a nice edition as Bronson Peary a former champion ski jumper. It was nice to see a film that celebrated the underdog and gave you that ‘anything is possible’ feeling. It was a really enjoyable film and i look forward to watching it again when it comes on DVD. I have to give it a 10/10!
Awkward (TV show) I remember watching the first couple of episodes back when it first aired in the UK but somehow stopped watching. I signed up for a free 30 day trial to Amazon prime and when i discovered that i could watch this, i just had give it another go. I’m already on series 3 after less than week and obsessed (it helps that it’s only 20 minutes long so i can cram a lot in!). I love Jenna & Matty, they are my fave ship right now and i hope they end up together – the actors have such good chemistry and Matty is very good looking. Each episode gives Jenna a new problem to deal with and keeps the stories fresh and it’s also such a laugh. It’s my fave tv show at the moment.
Lukas Graham (Album) I wasn’t sure if i’d like this or not but i noticed it on amazon prime music and thought why not? I also loved 7 Years (Though it’s overplayed now and i’m kinda sick of hearing it!). I have to say it really took me by surprise and i really did enjoy all the songs on it. Take The World By Storm, Mama Said and Drunk In The Morning being my faves – my mum was even singing along to TTWBS and it was literally the first time she’d heard it. I get an Olly Murs vibe from some of the songs so if you are a fan of his (or if not) give it a listen as i think you’ll like it. I’ll give it a 9/10.
I joined Twitter in 2010 so i’d like to say that i know the site pretty well and whilst i’d say it’s my favourite social networking site, there are times when it can be annoying. Most of the things i am going to mention, are mainly about things fans of musicians, actors etc. do and others are just general things that have happened to me during my time on the site.
Accounts that have thousands of followers yet follow a small percentage back When people who have say 25,000 followers and are only following 200 back tweet that you should ‘follow them as they follow everyone back’ you clearly don’t! I also don’t understand how these people manage to get away with not following hardly anyone back. The only people i would expect to be not following many people back would of course famous people.
People who moan when their faves haven’t replied to a DM I’ve kinda gotten used to the fact that the chances of me getting a follow from the people i admire is very unlikely. So i find it really annoying when you see people moaning that James from The Vamps (for example) hasn’t replied to their DM’s (Direct messages). Be lucky that you have him following you let alone being able to send him a message.
When people put how many band members they have following them When people put in their profile that they have say 4/5 members of band following them back. Yes that tells us you have 4 out of 5 following you, it’s like congratulations do you want a medal!? I just feel that they are bragging about it and it makes you feel bad that you don’t have them following you.
People who spam When a star does a follow spree and all you can see on your timeline is that one user who numbers every single one tweet, each one saying the same thing “Will you follow me?” Famous people have actually said before how annoying they find this, if i was in their shoes i would be annoyed too and wouldn’t follow someone who spammed non-stop, i wouldn’t want it clogging up my timeline! Also when users reply to their idols tweets with “Will you follow me?” no matter what the subject of the tweet is. Example:
Famous star: “We won’t be performing at the festival due to personal reasons”
User: “Follow me!”
Annoying accounts that follow you A while back i seemed to be constantly getting follows from nonsense accounts day after day for weeks and i just thought “There’s millions of users on here, how did you find me to follow!” Here are some examples:
Foreign accounts, Competition accounts, Nude men/woman accounts, Help get you follows accounts, spam accounts and last but not least…..
…..Famous people imitations – Their profile looks the same as your fave star and they follow you and you get excited for a minute thinking “They followed me!” then you read @1neDirection and then you just feel annoyed!
Fan Wars When you are a fan of various groups like me it’s hard to know how to react when you see fans arguing. For example, a couple of years ago The Vamps won some awards and One Direction didn’t win as many and some (not all!) One Direction fans were hating on The Vamps and their fans and i just felt like i had to defend The Vamps but also didn’t want to feel i was hating on One Direction.
Not feeling like you say what you want This can kinda tie in with what i said i said in the fan wars part. I sometimes feel that i cannot express my opinion for fear that someone will tear me down. People can get very defensive about their idols and even though we should all be entitled to our own opinions the online world now is much harsher than it used to me and you can get so much hate for what you tweet. People who abuse the direct message I like to use the direct message feature when i want to talk more personally and it also lets you type more than the character limit of a tweet. So i was more upset than annoyed when a girl i dmed decided to post a picture of our conversation on her twitter and make me look bad when i did nothing wrong. The conversation was basically me saying that this group we both liked deserved to be a lot bigger than they were and she turned it around to look like i wasn’t supportive of them. So please be aware of what you say as you may think you are confiding in someone but they twist your words and let all their followers see.
Overall though all the goodness of Twitter defeats all the bad. You get noticed by your idols and feel amazing that they know how highly you think of them, you meet fellow fans who you can talk to about anything and you are part of a community where you are constantly entertained by what others are saying and doing and it becomes addictive…
In this post i am going to write about various things that i have been loving recently from food to music. I highly suggest you check these things out!
Naked Juice Smoothies – Available In Various Sizes At Various Stores These are literally the best smoothies i have ever tasted, they are absolutely delicious! On Mondays Boots does a £1 meal deal on O2 priority so i always make sure to pick one up then as the smoothies are quite pricey but totally worth it though. My favourite flavour is the Blueberry smoothie and i’ve also tried the Strawberry, Raspberry & Cranberry juice smoothie. There is also a Mango juice smoothie and an Apple, Pineapple and Kiwi juice smoothie. I find them so much better than all the other smoothies on the market, they don’t seem to have that same generic taste.
N07 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask For Dry/Very Dry Skin – Boots £12.50 If you’ve read my previous post then you’ll know that i suffer from dry skin. I was given a £5 voucher off any No7 skincare product and decided to take a look and i came across various products for dry skin and went with this one. I’m so glad that i bought this as it has really helped my dry skin, after using this i applied my moisturiser as usual and when i then applied my foundation it went on perfectly compared to usual when it just doesn’t go on well at all. The only negative thing i have to say about it is that it has made my face feel a lot more oily, which is something i already deal with. Overall though it without a doubt does the job and i highly recommend giving it a try if you too suffer with dry skin.
Lee Stafford Chopstick Hair Styler – Available At Various Stores At Various Prices I first came across this in one of Lucy & Lydia’s get the look videos and i bought what i thought was this curler and it turned out they had used two different curlers and i’d bought the other one. They then made another video using it and this time i made sure it was the right product i had purchased! All the curlers that i have used in the past haven’t really done much and the curls never seem to hold in my hair. This however does exactly what i want it to and gives my hair very tight curls which look stunning and are still there the next day. This will definitely be my go to product whenever i want to curl my hair now.
Quick tip: when you are curling all your hair, always start on the side you aren’t as good with and then you’ll find you won’t be comparing it as much to the side you can do better! (I read this online and it works!)
Hometown I first came across Hometown last year when they were meant to be performing at this concert i was going to. I looked up a couple of their songs on Youtube and was impressed. They ended up not being at the show so i didn’t get to see them, however i booked to see The Vamps and it turned out they were having them as one of the support acts. As they are an Irish group and aren’t that well known yet over in the UK their debut album isn’t yet available so i had to look online and managed to get my copy from Amazon of which i received it the other day and have since had it on repeat. Cry For Help is my fave song right now, i think it’s such abeautiful song and cannot get enough of hearing it! The Vamps concert was on Friday and it was one of the best concerts i have ever been to. Hometown sounded perfect live and i was so glad that i was able to see them live and hopefully they will do a UK tour sometime and i get to hear a full set from them.
If you are into bands like The Wanted, One Direction, Union J and basically boy bands in general then i suggest that you give Hometown’s music a listen to. You can buy their album in the UK from here:Buying the Hometown album in the UK
For as long as I can remember i have had a constant problem with my hair and my face creating many problems for me and still to this day it seems that they carry a constant dislike to me!
I’m writing this post to share my annoyances with you all and also would be happy to hear from people who also have the same problems as me. I found a solution to my problem with my underarm sweating and I talked about that in a previous post but so far I have yet to find one with my other issues.
Hair: For as long as I can remember I have suffered with greasy hair and it’s still an issue to this day. I have tried countless shampoos, asked hairdressers for advice and tested many tips but nothing ever works. I try and prioritise washing my hair for when I’m at work or going somewhere where I want it to look good otherwise I’d probably have to wash it every day. If I washed my hair today, depending on whether or not I dried it with an hair-dryer it would either be greasy the next day or the day after.
I also don’t get all the buzz about dry shampoo, it doesn’t really do anything to help hide my greasy hair and instead leaves it feeling powdery and looking worse than it did before. I must have tried countless brands of it and believe me some are shocking at how bad they are. Yet I still stock up on Batiste and use it in the belief that maybe it is kinda doing something.
At the moment i have been experimenting with different shampoos because greasy hair is the least of my hair worries, I also have thin hair to contend with and it’s a battle between thickness shampoos and greasy hair shampoos. In order to make my hair look thicker i have bought various products, most of which haven’t been cheap and they also haven’t exactly given me the results i was hoping for. I have tried shampoo/conditioner sets (the latter tends to make my hair greasy so i usually avoid), hair serums, sprays and even the Lush thickening treatment none of which made any difference.
I just get sick of having to deal with those problems and feel my hair always seems to look awful, even if my hair is freshly washed i have the problem with it looking thin so i can never win!
Face: Along with my hair problems i also have face problems to contend with. During school i had quite an issue with spots mainly on the forehead and whilst since then it hasn’t been as bad, i still get break outs quite frequently and along with that have the constant problem of having dry skin which just never seems to ease and really gets me down at times. And oh i forgot to mention i also suffer from oily skin too!
These problems mean that i find it very hard to apply foundation to my skin because the application just looks awful! I don’t tend to wear make-up a lot so it’s not really a big issue but say i’m dealing with spots or going to an event and want to look good it makes getting ready stressful. I’ve purchased so many foundations in the past and they just never seem to compliment my skin and instead highlight all the problem areas. The only foundation that seems to be okay is a Boots No 7 colour match one but it’s kinda like wearing a tinted moisturiser as the coverage is very low.
I’ve started using a primer and other products to help with the dryness but they’ve done very little and i’m having an issue with my face getting very oily throughout the day which is causing further problems. I don’t really know what else to try to combat it, so it’s making me hate applying make-up products for the face as i just instantly want to wipe them off.
Anyway enough of my going on, if anyone else is dealing with any of these problems let me know and tell me if you know of anything that really does help.
Joe & Jake have been chosen to represent my country at Eurovision with the song ‘You’re Not Alone’ and i have to say that this year i am totally behind our song unlike the songs that have been picked the last few years.
As everybody knows the UK does not have a great track record when it comes to Eurovision, the last time we won was in 1997 and although there is always talk of countries voting for their neighbours and such, the entries we’ve been sending year after year have been pretty poor on reflection. They certainly didn’t stand a chance against songs that have won in the past few years like Heroes, Only Teardrops, Euphoria & Rise Like A Phoenix.
Being an optimist about our entry every year i do always have that little bit of hope that maybe just maybe there is a tiny chance we could do it but obviously the chances are very low, kinda like betting on a horse at 100-1 it could happen but it’s very unlikely!
This year however i actually like love our entry, it’s a song that i would actually download and listen to regardless of it being our Eurovision entry. It’s upbeat, modern and catchy and ticks all the boxes of something that we should be sending and the performers are young, good looking guys who will inject some youth – a change from the slight older artists we’ve sent previously.
I’ve seen various reactions to the song but mostly positive and hopefully other countries will think we are actually taking it seriously this year (We even had a show where the public decided the entry, something that hasn’t happened in years!) and think of us as actual competition, not just a laughing stock as usual. I am much more optimistic about our entry this year than usual and hope that even if we don’t win we can actually end up on the left side of the table as opposed to the right side we are usually on! I’m behind you all the way Joe & Jake and whatever happens you will have done the UK proud.